This one is a JG favorite and easy to make. We make it vegan, but you can add chicken if you are carnivore. As with any recipe modify where you need.
Here is what you need
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 8-10 small potatoes (Yukon Gold) (cut in small cubes)
- 1 block of firm pressed tofu (optional)
- 1 tsp Jersey Girl Hot Sauce
- 2 15 ounce cans of coconut milk
- 2 cups of veggy broth
- 3 tablespoons avocodo oil
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups of Broccoli
- 2-3 medium carrots, minced
- 1 container (5-ounce) baby spinach
- 1 large lime, juiced
- Thai basil leaves, for garnish (for the fancy)
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
If using Tofu option, be sure to press for 20 minutes, cut in half lengthwise, and lightly coat with avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bake on 425 for 20 minutes
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften. (about 5-6 min)
- Add the red bell pepper and potatoes and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the veggy broth, JG Hot Sauce, coconut milk, tomatoes, red curry paste, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets & reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots and tofu. Cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and stir for a minute or two.
- Add lime juice.
- Garnish with fresh Thai basil leaves.
- Serve with cooked jasmine rice.
- Add more JG Hot Sauce for desired heat level.
Comments will be approved before showing up.